I am thankful for and appreciate all of the website visitors and friends who have contributed photos, stories, and information to the site. They have all helped with making the site what it is today. Some friends have gone over and above by actually showing me around various cemeteries. They deserve an extra thank you :)
- My Parents - My parents are always willing to stop at a few cemeteries whenever we travel, and they don't even complain! I'm sure they're thinking "whatever did we do to get such a strange daughter" :) I really do appreciate all the help they've given me with the site (and countless other things!).
- Katy - Although my sister isn't a big fan of ghost hunting or cemetery exploring, she still joins me on some of the outings so I have company. She also took photos of the Alamo for me when she visited San Antonio. I really appreciate all the help she has given me.
- Mike Hill - Mike has sent me very detailed directions to many old, interesting cemeteries around Ross and Highland counties, as well as interesting information about these cemeteries. Since I'm an expert at getting lost, I always appreciate great directions! And I'm still overwhelmed by all the cemeteries he told me about...I can't wait to visit them! We've already met up for one cemetery crusade, hopefully we'll meet up for more soon! Mike is also the best unofficial site editor I have...he's always catching my typos and e-mailing me so I can correct them :)
- Mike McMaster - Mike has been extremely helpful with helping me find Wood and Henry County cemeteries. Not only did he drive me to twenty-one cemeteries, but he also shared a lot of information about the cemeteries and the area. As if the high number of cemeteries wasn't enough, he also gave me a night tour of the Wood County Historical Center and Museum, which is located in the former (and very haunted) Wood County Home! Mike was a fantastic guide, and I had a great time exploring cemeteries and the County Home with him and his wife!
- Andy Greenlese - Andy spent an entire day visiting cemeteries in Lucas County with me. He is great at giving directions, and he also shared many stories and lots of information about the cemeteries with me. We ended up visiting 18 cemeteries, even though it was extremely hot and humid. And he got bonus points for not laughing too much when I got my foot caught in a fence, and fell flat on my face as a result! :)
- Mark Stout - Mark was the first person to tell me about the Mothman...in fact, that was the first discussion I ever had with Mark. Mark is always willing to ride down to Southeastern Ohio with me to be a "tour guide", and he is the only friend I can always count on to explore some of the more risky locations (areas where trespassing is involved!) with me. Like I always say, Mark is the best!
- Dee G. - Dee sent me a TON of great photos from cemeteries around New York. She also labeled all the photos, which was extremely helpful. I really appreciate her taking the time to send these photos to me! In addition to sending me photos, so also let me stay at her place when I was traveling through New York in October 2007. She showed me around three large cemeteries while I was there, and was a terrific tour guide!
- Ta Mara Conde - TaMara is a friend from the Association for Gravestone Studies. She let me stay at her place in October 2007 while I was in Massachusetts for an AGS board meeting. She also showed me around fourteen cemeteries while I was there!! She's a great friend, and I can't wait to go on more cemetery explorations with her!
- Greg Wells - Greg and I met up on August 20, 2005 to visit several haunted places and cemeteries around Coshocton and Tuscarawas counties. We had been e-mailing back and forth for about two years, so it was nice to finally meet him! He was a great tour guide, he helped me find several interesting locations! I can't wait until our next ghosthunting/cemetery trip!
- Sabrina Selfridge - Sabrina is another friend from the Association for Gravestone Studies. She has been cemetery exploring with me several times, and she has shared many stories and a lot of graveyard related information with me.
- T.C. Jeffreys - T.C. shared some beautiful photos from Alcatraz with me to post on the site, including a few of the outside playground that I didn't have photos of. I really appreciate her generosity! Also, she spent several hours using the ouija board with me. And if all this wasn't enough - in April 2006 she showed me around several Michigan cemeteries! I'm looking forward to future ghost hunting/cemetery trips with her.
- Tim Fox - Tim has shared LOTS of information about Belmont County hauntings and history with me. He's also an active message board member who has participated in group outings. And if that wasn't enough, he has also shared some cool website code with me that I hope to use to improve my site.
- Rob Philabaum - Rob has shared lots of information about Western Pennsylvania hauntings with me. He's also an active message board member who has shared lots of ghost hunting results with the group. In addition, Rob has also participated in message board outings! He has many great ideas, and I'm very glad that I met him!
- Justin Huntsman - Justin has been extremely helpful with tracking down and finding information about cemeteries in Belmont County. He's an active message board member, and has participated in a group outing. Hopefully he'll join us on many more investigations/explorations!
- Matt Roberts - Matt and I met up in August 2005 for some ghosthunting in Cincinnati. He was a FANTASTIC guide, it's always nice to visit cemeteries and other places with someone who is familiar with the area. Matt also shared a very interesting ouija board story with me to post on the site. I really appreciate him taking the time to share it with me, I know he's busy working on his own terrific ghosthunting site!
- Tammy Ankrom - Tammy is a very kind website visitor who met up with me at Maple Grove Cemetery in Mechanicsburg to show me around the cemetery's interesting gravestones. She was a great tour guide, and I really appreciate her telling me about the cemetery! I look forward to more cemetery adventures with her!
- Mark Jordan - Mark told me stories about his haunting experiences at Malabar Farm while rehearsing the Ceely play. He also took me to Olivet Cemetery...I really appreciate him giving up his afternoon to share these stories and visit the cemetery with me! Mark has kept in touch with me since our Malabar Farm meeting in March 2004, and he's told me about lots of other haunted places to explore. I'll definitely be meeting up with him for more haunting discussions!
- Wes Flinn - Wes explored Spring Grove Cemetery with me, and he also took me to the Harrison Tomb. He was a great Cincinnati tour guide, and I can't wait to meet up with him for more cemetery explorations! He gave up an entire Saturday to go cemetery exploring with me, a person he hardly knew. He didn't even complain about all the time I spent trying to find at least one Indiana cemetery to include on the site :)
- Minda Powers-Douglas - Minda (of TheCemeteryClub.com) arranged a tour of the Museum of Funeral Customs for a group of us in May 2009. In addition, she also arranged an audio tour of Oak Ridge Cemetery and a haunted Springfield tour for us! I wouldn't have been able to see the Museum of Funeral Customs if it wasn't for her planning and research!
- Brent Nimmo - Brent has been sending me e-mails for years, filled with lots of information about cemeteries throughout Ohio. I was able to meet him in person at a Memorial Day event at Green Lawn Abbey. After volunteering at the event, I followed him over to the Brown Pet Cemetery. He was a great tour guide and showed me many interesting gravestones. I look forward to future cemetery hunting trips with him!
- Chris Keller - Chris is a fellow Friends of Green Lawn Abbey member. It is always fun to work with him on Abbey related events, and on Memorial Day 2008, I was able to explore the Brown Pet Cemetery with him. Hopefully we'll be able to visit more cemeteries together in the future - one can never meet enough taphophiles to go hunting with :)
- Rob (and Max!) - I was very fortunate to run into Rob while trying to find Cole-Stratford Cemetery. This cemetery is VERY well hidden, and had he not helped us we would have probably never found it. Plus, Rob and his beautiful dog Max were great company! He told me about several interesting (and even a few haunted) cemeteries in Tuscarawas County that I hope to check out soon! He gave up a good chunk of his evening helping two girls that he found wandering around an abandoned field...not everyone would do that! In fact, some people would have just called the police!
- The "Spooks" - Marilyn B, Jamie B, Cassie M, Derek Davis, Cassie P, and Carrie A. - I met up with this group from the message board in October 2006 to go ghost hunting around Dresden. I had a blast! We visited a couple haunted cemeteries, as well as the Roseville Prison. They're a great group of people to hunt with :)
- Anthony, Paul, Parker, Alice, Lynne, and Jessalee - This group visited Elisabeth's Grave with me at night AND helped me accomplish one of my goals - to use the ouija board in a haunted cemetery! I really appreciate them ghost hunting with me, and I'm looking forward to many more hunts with them!
- Marty Myers - Marty sent me several great photos from cemeteries in Licking and Knox counties. In addition, he has also shared many photos he has taken at abandoned buildings. I really appreciate him sharing these photos with me!! In addition to sharing all these photos with me, he also met up with me in June 2006 to go exploring...I'm looking forward to future cemetery and abandoned building explorations!
- Chad Porter - Chad sent me many great photos from the House of Nightmares. The photos are terrific, and I really do appreciate him sharing them with me!! In addition to sharing all these photos with me, he also met up with me in June 2006 to go exploring...I'm looking forward to future cemetery and abandoned building explorations!
- Eric Bolin - Eric sent me some great photos of the weeping woman statue at Riverview Cemetery in Parkersburg, West Virginia. I really appreciate him sending them to me! Also, he set up joint ghost hunts with his group and mine at the Moundsville Pen and Waverly Hills. It's so nice of him to include Grave Addiction on these outings :)
- Pam Bohnenstiehl - I met up with Pam in November 2008 to go cemetery exploring around Cincinnati and Dayton. We visited many cool places, and she showed me how to get to the County Infirmary Cemetery in Dayton. She's a great person, and I look forward to more cemetery exploring with her in the future!
- John, Dave, and Mike - These three showed me around LOTS of cemeteries in the Chicago area!
- Rolf R. - Rolf drove me to several cemeteries in Delaware and Marion counties. He made sure to point out all the super cool gravestones!
- Chad W. - Chad is the greatest at helping me find hidden, amazing cemeteries in Perry County...and all of Southeastern Ohio, really! I always look forward to cemetery exploration trips with him.
Where do you want to go? Select your destination: